American English in all its various versions

MadTomVane

USA English
In a previous thread, called "American English: no true version" I mentioned I had this site. Now I'm bringing it up again, because it is now pretty much finished and ready to be unleashed again. I'm still not up to 30 posts yet (posting messages on boards is not something I do very often) so once again we must play the same game substituting . for , and / for ?
students,csci,unt,edu?~kun
Hello MadTomVane. I am taking the liberty of editing your post so as to include the 'unscrambled' link:

http://students.csci.unt.edu/~kun/

-- Rob625, English Only forum moderator
I've spent a lot of time updating the site. Most recently I added sound files to demonstrate sounds that are hard to describe with text. I've also added many more useful links, so be sure to look at the links page. While the site itself focuses on the USA and Canada, the links page also includes resources over the British Isles, Australia, and New Zealand. Most importantly, the site has a discussion board.

And yes, I changed some backrounds and the fonts so you shouldn't have any trouble reading anything on there.

• VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Wow, MadTom, your site is really impressive. It is loaded with useful information, links, audio, maps, diagrams . . . I never got bored checking it out. Very well done. I know that you said you were still working on it, but I was really hoping to hear more audio clips of the different regional accents(as opposed to seeing their typed phonetic usage). I didn't even know Cali was emerging into their own accent! :thumbsup: :)

MadTomVane

USA English
    Actually, I think now I should take out the line about "I'm still working on it" because, really, most of what is there is finished and I'm not planning on making any major additions. If you want to hear some more audio clips, look on the links page under "Sites with recordings of people speaking."

abc

Vietnam, Vietnamese
    Great site, MTV!!!

I'll let my former English profs know about your site.:)

A little opinion on my part. The green background of the Discussion Board's page is a little too bright.

badger

Ireland, English speaker
    MadTomVane said:
    In a previous thread, called "American English: no true version" I mentioned I had this site. Now I'm bringing it up again, because it is now pretty much finished and ready to be unleashed again. I'm still not up to 30 posts yet (posting messages on boards is not something I do very often) so once again we must play the same game substituting . for , and / for ?
    students,csci,unt,edu?~kun

I've spent a lot of time updating the site. Most recently I added sound files to demonstrate sounds that are hard to describe with text. I've also added many more useful links, so be sure to look at the links page. While the site itself focuses on the USA and Canada, the links page also includes resources over the British Isles, Australia, and New Zealand. Most importantly, the site has a discussion board.

And yes, I changed some backrounds and the fonts so you shouldn't have any trouble reading anything on there.
    Hello MadTomVane.

Could you please post the web address of your site or even PM it to me if that's not allowed. (posting I mean)

Kind regards and thanks. :)

badger.

< Previous | Next >