...among others and in relation to them

Löwenfrau

Brazilian Portuguese
Hi!

I am wondering which phrase order is more (or the only one that is) correct:

1- Photography has become
a new medium for artistic production, among others and in relation to them.
2- Photography has become a new medium, among others and in relation to them, for artistic production.

I am very grateful for any help.

Last edited:
  • Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello Löwenfrau. :)

I think that you need to tell us what you want to say, using other words and explaining the thought more fully.

I find "among others and in relation to them" difficult to understand in this context.

Löwenfrau

Brazilian Portuguese
    Hello Löwenfrau. :)

I think that you need to tell us what you want to say, using other words and explaining the thought more fully.

I find "among others and in relation to them" difficult to understand in this context.

Hi Cagey. Thanks for answering. The meaning is: photography is not only a display, by which artists can register their work, but more tham that, photography has become a new medium for artistic production, among others (media for artistic production) and in relation to them."
    Maybe the whole paragraph can give a little help:

Photography in the arts exists by virtue of the discourse – both visual and textual – that takes it as an object, and in this sense it was being invented for that time, in the writings and works of the artists. The presence of photography in the artistic practice in the 1960s and 1970s, approached by means of a research into the discourses of artists, has shown itself as a complex establishment process of photography as an object to the artistic knowledge, an object of which one can speak and for which a specific vocabulary is formed, enabling it to place itself as a new medium among others (and in relation to them) for artistic production.

< Previous | Next >