Amounts you can deposit and play with

< Previous | Next >

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
Hello Everyone,
Which of the the following versions is natural in the context of playing cash online rummy games after depositing money into one's gaming account (advice about staking only limited amounts of one's money so that you don't sell your house to play games:p)?

Limit your daily and monthly deposits to amounts you can deposit comfortably and afford to play with.

Limit your daily and monthly deposits to amounts you can deposit comfortably and afford to play for.

I'm for for.

Thanks.

• Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    Although your context is 'playing', I would use a different verb. Maybe 'spend on games'.
    Thanks a lot. If it were an exam question, which would you choose?;) (The idea is not to make the players feel they're spending but that they're just staking and maybe they win big. ;) Though that beats the whole purpose of giving the advice, I know, but the advice is forced by a regulatory body.:))

boozer

Bulgarian
    You mean if I did not elect to jump at the teacher's throat and go for the jugular? :D

Then 'with'... But it has the sound of 'playing with someone', as in 'Are you playing with me?' Maybe because I am not submerged sufficiently well in your context. :)

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    You mean if I did not elect to jump at the teacher's throat and go for the jugular? :D

Then 'with'... But it has the sound of 'playing with someone', as in 'Are you playing with me?' Maybe because I am not submerged sufficiently well in your context. :)
    Thanks a lot. You're a very obedient student.:D
    I'm not against with either, but prefer but. Please do see the part in brackets I added to my last post above.:)

boozer

Bulgarian
    Look, I think 'play with' is fine. Then, maybe 'put into your game' might work. If you want to be completely devious, you could say 'invest in a game' :)

I personally would have gone for 'prepared to part with', but that is another story :D

< Previous | Next >