<an application of found function...>

xrn

Spanish
Hi. So there is a manual for a medical imaging system's interface.

Sync by Image Registration matches the series to the closest anatomy and works by:
Registration Calculation: the process of finding a coordinate transformation between DICOM spaces of two studies, which properly converts 3D DICOM points between related anatomical features of these two studies.
Registration Usage: an application of found function to convert coordinates between these studies.
One series is selected from each study and used for calculation of the registration and then the result is applied to all the series in the study for the synchronization purpose.

What does "an application of found function" mean in this context? Is it a function that was found earlier? Is it a function that was mentioned earlier? Does it mean something else? I must add that there was no mention of any function before in the manual. This is the first time in the text that there is a mention of a feature or a function.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • entangledbank

English - South-East England
    It doesn't appear to be good English; I'd write 'the function found'. I think it must be the transformation that was found just before, described in Registration Calculation. The coordinate transformation is a function in the mathematical sense, used in matrix algebra, and once this has been found, it is used for converting coordinates.

xrn

Spanish
    And "the application of" means "the process of applying the found function...", yes?

Edit: And if that is the case, shouldn't it be "the application of found fuction..."

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >