An awkward sentence?

< Previous | Next >

JLanguage

USA: American English, Learning Hebrew and Spanish
"I'm currently taking Latin at my high school and I should like to know your opinions as to whether or not this will make learning French easier."

I posted this in the French forum here and want to know your opinions on how I could make the sentence more concise. It seems quite awkward to me, but I am unsure how to correct it.

Thanks in advance,
-Jonathan

• Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    JLanguage said:
    "I'm currently taking Latin at my high school and I should like to know your opinions as to whether or not this will make learning French easier."

I posted this in the French forum here and want to know your opinions on how I could make the sentence more concise. It seems quite awkward to me, but i am unsure how to correct it.

Thanks in advance,
    -Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan ...here my own awkard sentence.. :eek:

I am taking Latin in high school and I would like to know your opinions about the benefit in doing that to help me learning French

JLanguage

USA: American English, Learning Hebrew and Spanish
    I like that Lamante, quite concise. I tend to be be rather excessive in my circumlocution (see what I mean?). Soon I will be composing an essay on Jane Eyre and will probably have a few grammatical questions for you English experts/geniuses.

Cheers,
    -Jonathan.

Marcio_Osorio

Banned
    Portuguese
    Nick said:
    Will knowing [some] Latin help me learn French?
    2005 WRF Winner Awardfor Editorial Excellence (conciseness, clarity, organization, and efficacy, accuracy and adequacy of text).

Nick, you could even drop the "[some]" part!

< Previous | Next >