an event promoted by the FF website inspired

< Previous | Next >

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan
Hi there,

Below is a caption:

Models display creations by Brazilians designers around the bus station in Brasilia during the Underwear National Day, an event promoted by the Finissimo Fashion website inspired in New York's underwear day, on Feb 27, 2008.
The part underlined is what puzzled me. According to the translation, an event is the only object promoted and also inspired in this case, but the original text seems to me to mean ''Finissimo Fashion website is inspired in New York's underwear day'', which twists the real connotation this paragraph is supposed to covey. Do you share my opinion?

• xebonyx

TR/AR/EN
    Yes, because it's supposed to be "and inspired by", not "in". I had to read it a few times so I wouldn't get confused. underwear day should be capitalized (Underwear Day).

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan
    Yes, because it's supposed to be "and inspired by", not "in". I had to read it a few times so I wouldn't get confused. underwear day should be capitalized (Underwear Day).
    Thank you very much for your kind reply, xebonyx. This caption seems to have typos above average.

< Previous | Next >