an excited email

Chigch

Mongolian
How to describe or name a message/email/letter in which you expose your excited feelings for a happy news ?

I consider "an excited message/email/letter".
Does this sound natural to you ?
Do you have any more natural names ?

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I think "an excited email" is possible to describe an email that reflects how excited you were when you wrote it.

Please give us a specific sentence, so we can check whether it works in the actual context you have in mind.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Maybe "gushing".

Sorry for the gushing message/e-mail/letter, but I just had to express my feelings.

Do you mean it like that?

EDIT: There's also "effusive", but that's probably not the right connotation.

EDIT 2.0: Cross-posted with Cagey.

Chigch

Mongolian
    Hi, Cagey,

I received an email from a friend of mine (we knew each other by learning English together).

In the email, he noticed me of a good news for both of us and he seemed to very happy (of course me, too).

Now I want to reply to him, and I am going to insert into my message something like "Thank you very much for your excited email".

Nothing will immediately follow this sentence (a new paragraph will start).

Do you use anything alternative to this, in your emails ?

perpend

Banned
    American English
    There's a word "upbeat" that might fit.

Or, you could just use "very positive".

I would not use "excited", for what it's worth.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello Chigch,

I wouldn't use 'excited' to describe an email shares news that makes both of you happy. "Excited" only talks about the manner in which the person wrote it.

There are several things you mights say, You might call it a 'happy email' because the other person was happy when he wrote it, and reading it made you happy.

However, I wonder whether you are thinking of 'exciting'. An exciting email would be one that made you excited, as I think you were when you received the email. It shows that you share the feeling with your friend. :)

Chigch

Mongolian
    "Excited" only talks about the manner in which the person wrote it.
    Thanks, Cagey.
    Actually I wanted to express the manner in which the email was written --- the mailer is excited.
    However, as you suggest, 'exciting' is better than 'excited' in such a case because I was excited by the email --- both of us are excited.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Now I know how I should reply to my friend.

< Previous | Next >