an idiom for evading a problem by not doing something altogether

EdisonBhola

Korean
Hi all,

Is there an idiom in English for when people try to evade/avoid a problem by not doing something altogether?

For example:

I know that standardized tests can bring about lots of problems, like putting people who aren't good at test taking or handling stress at a disadvantage, but we shouldn't [insert idiom] by eliminating these tests altogether because they still have their merits.

Many thanks!

• heypresto

English - England
    An idiom that springs to mind, and which I think will work in your sentence is ' . . . we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater by eliminating . . . ', but I'm not entirely sure it has the meaning you are looking for.

Chasint

English - England
    An idiom that springs to mind, and which I think will work in your sentence is ' . . . we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater by eliminating . . . ', but I'm not entirely sure it has the meaning you are looking for.
    heypresto - I think it can be useful to back up an answer with sources, and an explanation of what it means, for example:

If someone throws the baby out with the bath water, they reject an idea completely, even though some parts of it are good. thefreedictionary.com
    throw the baby out with the bath water

< Previous | Next >