an imaged version of Windows..reflects the corporate desktop

aesir

Banned
Russian
Hello, I am very confused about the phrase "It is intended to allow enterprise administrators to provide users with an imaged version of Windows that reflects the corporate desktop". I don't understand what "an imaged version of Windows (a Windows is a Windows, no?)" mean and why it "reflects (it is, or it is not?)" the corporate desktop. The following is a statement I found online regarding the phrase. Thanks!

Windows To Go is a feature in Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Windows 10 Education that allows them to boot and run from certain USB mass storage devices such as USB flash drives and external hard disk drives which have been certified by Microsoft as compatible. It is a fully manageable corporate Windows environment. It is intended to allow enterprise administrators to provide users with an imaged version of Windows that reflects the corporate desktop.

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    The desktop (what the user sees) of Windows can be configured to look many different ways. Some corporations want all of their desktops (the desktop of each employee) to be the same. They call it "the corporate desktop" here, but "the standard company desktop" is clearer.

Windows has tools to allow one person to configure it the way they want it, then make an "imaged version" of that which can be quickly installed on every PC. Then they are all the same.

Making them all the same is a huge advantage when PC users have problems and call the company's Help Desk people.

< Previous | Next >