an opinion essay

< Previous | Next >

Leon yang

Chinese
The sentence is that 8 other questions written answers including an opinion essay.
So what's the opinion essay.
Is it a investigation which we shoud write some personal information or a small composition to show our view.
Thanks.
Leon

• Copyright

American English
    A favor to ask, first of all. When you say "The sentence is..." could you actually separate the sentence so that it's not part of the introduction. I can't really tell what your sentence is. (Example: "The sentence is: My dog has a bone." Thanks.

I would think an opinion essay is an essay based on your personal opinion of a subject, rather than one based on facts that can be confirmed.

Michel09

français - France
    Just to add to Copyright's response, I performed a google search of "opinion essay" and discovered that:

1) "An opinion essay is a formal piece of essay writing which presents the author’s point of view on a particular subject supported by reasons and examples. The opposing viewpoint is also suggested." [Source]

and 2) You being by stating..."your personal opinion on a topic of your choice" and "you are required to proceed with arguments that explain and justify your position." [Source]

I hope that helps. Although, I am quite sure that Copyright's explanation was sufficient! :)

Last edited:

shawnee

English - Australian
    Yes, I agree with TT the opinionative essay is essentially an argumentative essay, as it requires the same attention to material in support of the writer's point of view.

< Previous | Next >