an organized/disorganized way

Alex Coseff

Czech
Although I`m well-aware what the phrase "an organized way/disorganized way" normally means, I`m not quite sure how to paraphrase it in the following context. Any chance it might refer to "regular/irregular intervals..."?
Thanks a lot.

G.M.Malliet: Wicked autumn
"Its lure might have had something to do with the light - that eerie luminosity that had begun attracting artists in an organized way since 1920s, and in a disorganized way for centuries."

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    More information would be helpful. What is 'it'? What sort of artists does it attract?

It seems to me unlikely that organized/disorganized, refers to frequency, but with more information, I might see why that seems to you possible.

Alex Coseff

Czech
    Thanks, Cagey.

Actually, any sort of artists.
    Here is more information:
    "The region surrounding Nether Monkslip had indeed long been a matrix for religions both contemporary and long forgotten, boasting a circle of menhirs in addition to the Abbey Ruins. Its lure might have had something to do with the light - that eerie luminosity that had begun attracting artists in an organized way since 1920s, and in a disorganized way for centuries. The light that shone like a carpet of diamonds..."

Frequency seems unlikely even to me, however, I can`t think of anything else. Thanks in advance!

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I suppose that coming in a 'disorganized' way would mean that they were coming individually, one by one. When they come in an 'organized' way I would suppose that there are gathering places set up for artists, perhaps schools they attend, coffee shops they frequent, or the sort of arrangements that occur when an area is known to be favored by artists. Or maybe artists come on tours, though that doesn't seem the sort of thing artists would do.

< Previous | Next >