an outer room on an upper floor with Western exposure

jdslovesamk

English, USA
Hello, I'm going on my honeymoon to Paris on Sunday and I'm told by a customer review of my hotel (K&K Hotel Cayre) to ask for "an outer room on an upper floor with a western exposure" I speak a bit of french but I would like to know how to phrase this request without sounding obnoxious. Also, how do I explain that we are on our honeymoon? Do I say "Nous sommes sur la lune de miel"?? Thanks.

• jdslovesamk said:
    Hello, I'm going on my honeymoon to Paris on Sunday and I'm told by a customer review of my hotel (K&K Hotel Cayre) to ask for "an outer room on an upper floor with a western exposure" I speak a bit of french but I would like to know how to phrase this request without sounding obnoxious. Also, how do I explain that we are on our honeymoon? Do I say "Nous sommes sur la lune de miel"?? Thanks.
    Congratulations JD,
    You should ask for /
    Une chambre donnant sur la rue ,dans les étages supérieurs exposée à l'ouest/
    You are (will be ...I guess it's not right now ?! ) /Des jeunes marriés en Lune de Miel /
    Je vous souhaite beaucoup de bonheur
    René

anangelaway

French
    jdslovesamk said:

Bonjour jdslovesamk et bienvenue!:)

First, congratulations to both of you the soon-to-be honeymooners!

In French, you may want to respond by ever:
    Nous sommes en voyages de noces = We're on honeymoon.
    Ceci est notre voyage de noces = This is our honeymoon trip.
    Nous sommes des jeunes mariés = We're newly weds.

A synomyn for ''lune de miel'' in French is ''voyage de noces''.

As you can see on the hotel's picture here, but I am afraid I don't know what you will be facing exactly. :eek:

Edit: as for the translation, pardon, Nopal's suggestion is perfect.
    Edit2: delete non-important details/explanation.

jdslovesamk

English, USA
    Dear Nopal and Anangelaway, Thank you both so much!! This is what's good about the internet!!! You are both very kind to respond. May I ask two more quick questions before I call tomorrow? How do I pronounce "noces"? Does it sound like NOSS?? And, what is the future tense of etre in the nous form? I know that "we are..." is "nous sommes..." but what is "we will be..."? Is it "nous serrons"? Anyway, thank you. I feel much better about what I'm going to say. I can't wait to go to Paris and speak French again!!!

Gil

Français, Canada
    How do I pronounce "noces"? Does it sound like NOSS??
    Yes.
    Is it "nous serrons"?
    It is "nous serons".

Bon voyage et ...beaucoup d'amour.:)