ancillary performances

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise,

is the underlined phrase clear to convey e.g. provision of car or phone for both work and private purposes.

Context: employment contract

Provision of ancillary performances from the side of the employer for the purpose of performance of work tasks as well as for the purpose of their use for private purposes shall be subject to personal agreement by the parties

Thanks,

A.

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    The whole sentence is overcomplicated and not at all transparent.

Why do you think that "ancillary performances" might be understand as having such a specific meaning as a car or phone? Is that explained elsewhere in the text?

apoziopeza

slovak
    The whole sentence is overcomplicated and not at all transparent.

Why do you think that "ancillary performances" might be understand as having such a specific meaning as a car or phone? Is that explained elsewhere in the text?
    Yes, I know :(. It is not explained anywhere, it is my understanding what it might include (it is implicit). I would need some phrase that would convey my understanding. It is implied there that "main performance of the employer" means salary (so it is a payment). Ancillary performance does not mean payment in this case but some things provided by the employer used by the employee in order to perform work and also for private purposes (which is usually e.g. car).

apoziopeza

slovak
    I've never run into a use of "performance" to reference any salary or remuneration of any kind. Can you point to an example of this usage?
    Please see below the translated part. The Slovak original of the underlined part is not common, either. THis is literal translation. If somebody asked me what it means I would explain that I believe it is provision of e.g. a car for both work and personal purposes. I need to avoid this weird expression by some elegant expression encompassing the use of e.g. car or telephone for both work and personal purposes. Thanks.

"Provision of ancillary performances from the side of the employer for the purpose of performance of work tasks as well as for the purpose of their use for private purposes shall be subject to personal agreement by the parties."

< Previous | Next >