And here, it can go from blazing sunshine, 110 degrees to soaking wet and 75 degrees in 20 minutes

Beingness

Persian
Hi everybody,

In that documentary, Home/2020, Episode 09, Ballard is talking about temperature in Nacajuca, Mexico. He says: "And here, it can go from blazing sunshine, 110 degrees to soaking wet and 75 degrees in 20 minutes.

I can't understand it clearly. Please, Help me.

• GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    What do you not understand? Clearly, you realize that he is talking about weather. I cannot believe that you do not know what "sunshine" is, or what it means to describe weather as "wet". Are you confused by the temperatures being given in Fahrenheit (which is generally used in the United States) rather than Celsius/Centigrade (which is not generally used in the United States)?

Beingness

Persian
    Thank you so much, Sometimes, sentences, going through each other, make me confuse. Thank you again.

entangledbank

English - South-East England
    The structure is 'go from X to Y in time T', but the punctuation makes it look like it contains '110 degrees to soaking wet'. I was fooled by that on first reading.

kentix

English - U.S.
    And I'm not sure the first one is needed.

And here it can go from blazing sunshine, 110 degrees, to soaking wet and 75 degrees in 20 minutes.

Or maybe this:

And here it can go from blazing sunshine, 110 degrees, to soaking wet, and 75 degrees, in 20 minutes.

With the base sentence:
    And here it can go from blazing sunshine to soaking wet in 20 minutes.

< Previous | Next >