and not as it sometimes subsists in the subject.

guayi

Chilean Spanish
Hi, I need help again.

The phrase in red doesn't make much sense to me, though I am also not sure of the part in green. can someone help please?

We describe faith, considered in the idea, as that Christian virtue or grace, the perfection of which we all ought to aspire after: and not as it sometimes subsists in the subject.

My attempt:

la fe, considerada como concepto, se describe como aquella virtud o gracia cristiana a cuya perfección todos debiéramos aspirar; y no como a veces existe en el sujeto.

Thank you!

• albertovidal

Spanish, Argentina
    Hi, I need help again.

The phrase in red doesn't make much sense to me, though I am also not sure of the part in green. can someone help please?

We describe faith, considered in the idea, as that Christian virtue or grace, the perfection of which we all ought to aspire after: and not as it sometimes subsists in the subject.

My attempt:

la fe, considerada como concepto, se describe como aquella virtud o gracia cristiana a cuya perfección todos debiéramos aspirar; y no como a veces existe en el sujeto.

Thank you!
    Do you need help for the English or the Spanish phrase?

albertovidal

Spanish, Argentina
    Describimos la fe, como un concepto, como el de la virtud o gracia cristiana a cuya perfección todos debiéramos aspirar; y no como a veces subsiste en el individuo.

< Previous | Next >