And on the flat roof, just below where Janet's bedroom was, it was soaking wet.

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
A couple is telling a story of what happened after their daughter's [Janet] death, before her funeral. It was August the 7th, a drought. And they had a strong feeling that the daughter was trying to communicate with them. The husband:
-- I thought, well, if you want to send a sign, a shower of rain. August the 7th, another sweltering day, not a cloud in the sky. I opened the curtains. And on the flat roof, just below where Janet's bedroom was, it was soaking wet.
-- [the wife] Soaking wet. I could almost hear her saying, "There you go, old man."
The Enfield Haunting, TV series

Was it really raining, or did the roof just get wet in a mysterious way, what do you think? I think it's the latter. Thanks.

edit

Last edited:
  • Scott AM

English - Canada
    A couple is telling a story of what happened after their daughter's death, before her funeral. It was August the 7th, a draught. And they had a strong feeling that the daughter was trying to communicate with them. The husband:
    -- I thought, well, if you want to send a sign, a shower of rain. August the 7th, another sweltering day, not a cloud in the sky. I opened the curtains. And on the flat roof, just below where Janet's bedroom was, it was soaking wet.
    -- [the wife] Soaking wet. I could almost hear her saying, "There you go, old man."
    The Enfield Haunting, TV series

Was it really raining, or did the roof just get wet in a mysterious way, what do you think? I think it's the latter. Thanks.
    I think so, too. The anecdote talks about how it was a hot day, with no clouds in the sky, and yet the roof was wet. The teller doesn't mention seeing any rain - he just concluded that the wet roof must have been caused by supernatural rain.

< Previous | Next >