and soon as possible/ and as soon as posible

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by marycarmen de rodriguez, Jun 29, 2007.

1. marycarmen de rodriguez Senior Member

México
    Hi Friends, Can you help me with my grammar in the next mail.

My doubts are in red, but if I have something wrong; please, can you tell my.

I am very happy Dr. Mario because I had the news yesterdar that my stay was accepted, my acceptance was published in: www.com.mx
    and again thank you for your help in this process.
    I need to do somethings here in my country and as soon as posible I will go to work with you.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, FRIENDS

2. Supremo626 Member

Shihuahua, California/Spanglish
    I am very happy, Dr. Mario, because I found out in yesterday's news that my stay was accepted. My acceptance was published in:___________.
    Once again, thank you for your help in this process.
    I must first do some things here in my country, but I will go to work with you as soon as possible.

This is the best i could with the info you provided. Hope it helps.

3. miasita Member

English
    I found out in yesterday's news?
    I think he meant something like "... because I was informed yesterday that my stay was accepted." or "...because yesterday I received the news that my stay was accepted."

4. Supremo626 Member

Shihuahua, California/Spanglish
    miasita,
    yeah, but she then makes reference to where the news was published. That's how i deduced that the news she received was actually read. But i may be wrong...

5. miasita Member

English
    It's just that what you proposed sounds like she found about it in the news i.e. tv news and I think marycarmen de rodriguez meant she heard/ she was notified/ informed/ told etc. that her stay was accepted.

6. marycarmen de rodriguez Senior Member

México
    How I explain, Yesterday I check in Internet about the result of the accepted stay and I see that I was accepted, that all.
    But your comments are good for me
    Thanks Miasita and Supremo626
    Marycarmen