and that also therapeutic experience

< Previous | Next >

SuprunP

Ukrainian & Russian
This is also why I feel convinced that the ideal therapist, who presumably should be able as a professional necessity, to understand another person in his uniqueness and in his wholeness, without presupposition, ought to be at least a fairly healthy human being.
I maintain this even though willing to grant unexplained individual differences in this kind of perceptiveness, and that also therapeutic experience can itself be a kind of training in the cognition of the Being of another human being. This also explains why I feel that a training in aesthetic perceiving and creating could be a very desirable aspect of clinical training.
(Toward a Psychology of Being; Abraham H. Maslow)

Would you be so kind as to tell me whether it should be read as follows:

I maintain this even though willing to grant unexplained individual differences in this kind of perceptiveness, and [I maintain this even though willing to grant] that also therapeutic experience can itself be a kind of training in the cognition of the Being of another human being.

Thanks.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I would extend your version:

I maintain this even though willing to grant [unexplained individual differences in this kind of perceptiveness], and [that also therapeutic experience can itself be a kind of training in the cognition of the Being of another human being]. This also explains why I feel that a training in aesthetic perceiving and creating could be a very desirable aspect of clinical training.

I maintain this even though I am willing to grant [X], and [Y]. This also explains why I feel that a training in aesthetic perceiving and creating could be a very desirable aspect of clinical training.

< Previous | Next >