andata e ritorno

eggle80

italiano
Esiste un'abbreviazione inglese per dire Andata e ritorno (A/R).
Grazie

Last edited by a moderator:
  • lalabel

USA
    Italian
    I'd say round trip, shortened as RT (I work as a travel agent in California)

RT ticket bought. Will only use one-way. Additional charges?
    I bought earlier this year a RT ticket in eco: FRA-ORD-DTW-ORD-FRA.
    ---
    Question: If I do not do anything (change/cancel) the ticket, do I get charged with the one-way price?
    I do know that LH used to do that, if you booked a (cheaper) RT ticket, but only used one-way. LH charged the creditcard with the difference between the RT and one-way ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:

lalabel

USA
    Italian
    According to www dot thefreedictionary dot com:

Round·trip or round-trip also round trip
    n. A trip from one place to another and back, usually over the same route

See also: www dot akrr dot com:
    FARES/SCHEDULES

As you chart your next adventure, please note that all fares are for one-way travel, except where RT (roundtrip) is indicated.

Last edited:

Wynn Mathieson

English - United Kingdom
    "Round trip" is the American version of the British and Australian "Return". (In BrE, you ask for a return ticket: the two halves of the ticket are referred to technically as the "out" and "return" portions.)

RT -- if you wanted an abbreviation -- could be used to stand for either "round trip" or "return".

Incidentally, an AmE "one way ticket" is a BrE "single".

Wynn

piace

New Zealand, English
    If you said 'round trip' in Britain or 'return trip' or 'return ticket' in USA it would be easily understood by most English speaking people and if not the next question would be "Do you mean there and back?" and that would clarify things...surely

fredgraz

italian
    Andata e ritorno si traduce comunemente con "Round Trip" .
    Es. un biglietto di andata e ritorno - A round trip ticket.
    E' comunque la forma piu' usata in American English. In British English viene usata per indicare l'acquisto di un biglietto per viaggio di andata e ritorno con piu' soste in localita' diverse senza pero' ripassare per alcuna delle stesse