animation (design/marketing)

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Nico2, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Nico2 Senior Member

Paris
    English, U.S.
    Here are a few different examples from a presentation for a luxury design firm. I honestly have no idea what to do with "animation" here. It seems there may be a jargony marketing term (or a few) in English to match... Thanks so much for any help!

- brand strategy: "animation" (for a perfume brand and also for a champagne brand)
    - "En prolongeant le voyage à travers la création de tous les outils d’animation." [seems to involve creating very visual packaging]
    - "coffrets d’animation" (for a soap brand - again, I suppose very visual packaging)
    - Packaging identity: "ANIMATION OFF & ON-TRADE" (for a champagne company's packaging)
    - "Réinvention des codes d’animation" (same - for a champagne company's packaging)
    - "DIGITAL ANIMATION COMMUNAUTÉ" (champagne brand)

The problem is that it is NOT about events organizing or leading/facilitating things, nor about animation in the moving pictures sense. It refers to physical products, and seems to refer to a highly visual component. Unfortunately I can't give you more context than what I provide here, since it involves random lines in a spreadsheet.

2. Nico2 Senior Member

Paris
    English, U.S.
    Just to add details to this frustrating post - "animation" does seem to involve the concept of "retailtainment" and possibly in-store displays in some cases. In case this helps further. Thanks!

3. petit1 Senior Member

français - France
    I think that "coffret d'animation" refers to the in-store displays.