annual settlement or annual billing ?

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

which of the underlined options do you prefer?

Thanks,

Apoziopeza

What is more frequently used with respect to electricity, gas, water, etc. consumption - annual settlement or annual billing (which shows your balance for the year - overpayment or underpayment)

If the Landlord is obliged to pay for a specific utility or service to the relevant supplier in advance, then the Tenant shall pay for such utility or service in advance, based on an advance invoice issued by the Landlord. Once a year, upon the annual settlement (or annual billing?), the Landlord may adjust the amount of the monthly advance payment.

• boozer

Bulgarian
    You are talking about this annual settlement/billing as though it has already been defined earlier in the contract. Is that the case? (In fact, I know what you mean).

I would probably say "outstanding balances shall be settled once a year and during such annual settlement, the Landlord...."

Would that convey the same idea? Or which annual settlement are you talking about - utility service providers who get payment based on projected consumption also do this kind of thing?

Hope I've helped just a bit...

apoziopeza

slovak
    Do I understand it correctly that we have two options here ? -

1. Once a year, upon annual settlement, the Landlord may adjust the amount of the monthly advance payment. (without "the")
    OR
    2. Outstanding balances shall be settled once a year and during such annual settlement, the Landlord may adjust the amount of the monthly advance payment ...

I am not sure about option No. 2. (which implies to me that the Tenant underpaid for the previous year) whether it includes the possiblity that the Tenant may also overpay, which means the payments for 12 months for the previous/past year , when compared with the actual amounts of utilities provided by the utility providers, were higher and the balance will be positive - i.e., showing that the Landlord owes money to the Tenant.

Do I understand it correctly?

Thanks,

A.

boozer

Bulgarian
    1. My point was not that you must not use "the". Rather, I think it should be used after you have defined what "annual settlement" is.
    2. Well, in my view "outstanding balances" does necessarily imply only the tenant owes money when this is not clearly stated. But I agree that in this case it may be interpreted that way. Maybe to avoid that one could say "outstanding balances between the two parties"?

< Previous | Next >