another thing that's great about school is that I'm learning about many different things

bonsai91

Ciao,

I'm learning Italian in my second year, and I still struggle with my prepositions (always have done, probably always will - even in my native language!). So now we have to write a text about school life - what we like, what we don't like, what our ideal school would look like.

I'm trying to write that another thing (apart from meeting friends) that's great about school is that I'm learning about many different things.

So far, I've got:

"Un'altra cosa piú grande della scuola é ..."

Is 'della scuola' correct in this case, or do I just leave out the article, don't fuse anything and write di scuola? Big source of confusion there...

The other question I have is, how do I continue after 'scuola'? I want to say that another great thing about school is that I'm learning many different things. Do I use che and the gerundio, i.e.

"Un'altra cosa piú grande della scuola é che sta imparando molto ...", or do I just use the infinitive 'imparare'?

Answers would be greatly appreciated - this is my first post, but I know from previous visits that this forum is great for seeking help ;)

Felice anno nuovo,
Esther

Please put the original sentence in the title

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Grtngs

Italia
    Hi Esther,
    just a couple of things:
    "Un'altra cosa più grande della scuola" does not really convey what you want to say: it sounds more like "another thing that's bigger than the school". Care to try something else? (I can't do your homework so I can't give you a hint ;))
    As for the second part of the sentence "sto" instead of "sta", the rest is perfect.

bonsai91

Wow, that was quick!

Uh, huh, that's really not what I wanted to say with that sentence...:p

"Un'altra cosa bella della scuola é che sta imparando molto" says it a bit better I think?!

Thanks for your help! :)

Grtngs

Italia
    Wow, that was quick!

Uh, huh, that's really not what I wanted to say with that sentence...:p

"Un'altra cosa bella della scuola é che sta sto imparando molto" says it a bit better I think?!

Thanks for your help! :)
    Brava! :)

Grtngs

Italia
    Oh, one more tiny little thing: it's "è", not "é".
    Sorry I didn't notice that before.
    Ciao!

< Previous | Next >