another word for lessen my motivation

< Previous | Next >

piano0011

Hokkien
Hey guys!

What is another word for saying this and I am not sure if this is the proper sentence but I am trying to say that the situation has affected my motivation. Is there a better way to say the below sentence?

During my 4th year study in psychology, I didn't receive any of my prefences for my research project and hence, my motivation was diminished.

• piano0011

Hokkien
    Do you think that the university would look at this more favourably if I say?

I was also very disappointed that I did not receive any of my preferences when it came to choosing my 4th year research topic because initially, I wanted to study with Jarrad Lum as I felt more confident his areas of research. I also strongly believe that this did diminish my motivation.

Is the above sentence too long? should I add a fullstop here?

I was also very disappointed that I did not receive any of my preferences when it came to choosing my 4th year research topic. Initially, I wanted to study with Jarrad Lum as I felt more confident his areas of research. I also strongly believe that this did diminish my motivation.

e2efour

UK English
    Content* has to be followed by a preposition.
    The last sentence I find odd since I would not talk about believing that etc. You must know whether this [referring to what?] affected my rmotivation/made me less motivated.

*Confident
    (see #7)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >