another wrong I did bring

< Previous | Next >
  • Jagoda

Bilingual polski-English
    According to me, "wrong" in this context is basically something that he did wrong, something that he once again "screwed up", and for which the other person will fret over, be mad at him for.
    Hope it helps.

mgarizona

US - American English
    While I sit and think of another song that we can sing
    You can fret and think of another wrong I did bring

Yes that second line has quite a lot of tricks to it

"You can fret" is a pun. The normal meaning --- se tracasser ? --- is married to the musical nature of the first line: fret (n.) = frette (touchette?)

The "I did bring" is a very strange construction used solely to make a rhyme. It could be elliptical for "to bring to bear" or "bring into the mix" but the general sense is a new 'wrong' that he has managed to add to the number of previous wrongs of which he is guilty.

Cath.S.

français de France
    Yes. "To bring wrong" doesn't really mean anything, it's not something anyone would ever say.

But as for what it implies: causer, provoquer, maybe even engendrer
    Hi MgAz, engendrer is a great word, but not the right level of language, it's far too refined imo. (désolée, Garbonzia :))
    I think causer is good enough, or even faire
    =>
    le mal que j'ai fait.

le même said:
    While I sit and think of another song that we can sing
    You can fret and think of another wrong I did bring

Yes that second line has quite a lot of tricks to it

"You can fret" is a pun. The normal meaning --- se tracasser ? --- is married to the musical nature of the first line: fret (n.) = frette (touchette?)

Tandis qu'assis je nous compose une autre chanson
    tu te laisse emporter (portée) par mes mauvaises façons.

mgarizona

US - American English
    I don't disagree but his construction--- I did bring--- is a very forced, even archaic, elocution.

Frank Black is actually performing here in Phoenix tonight. Maybe I can get a chance to ask his opinion!

Cath.S.

français de France
    I don't disagree but his construction--- I did bring--- is a very forced, even archaic, elocution. D'accord, j'avais lu un peu vite et en étais restée à bring.

Frank Black is actually performing here in Phoenix tonight. Maybe I can get a chance to ask his opinion!

Va la lui demander de notre part à tous ! :)

< Previous | Next >