antenati

< Previous | Next >

joanvillafane

U.S. English
I am translating a letter written in 1944 from my father to his sister and I need help deciphering a word. The sentence reads "Sono contento di sentire che il Bambino cresce in belleze e ti auguro che il Dio te lo fa crescere sano e degno dei tuoi meriti, darli mano libera e non tenerlo troppo stretto come facevano i nostri _________." The missing word looks like "interrati" but what does it mean? Can it be something else??
THANK YOU for any suggestions!

• disegno

United States English
    I am translating a letter written in 1944 from my father to his sister and I need help deciphering a word. The sentence reads "Sono contento di sentire che il Bambino cresce in belleze e ti auguro che il Dio te lo fa crescere sano e degno dei tuoi meriti, darli mano libera e non tenerlo troppo stretto come facevano i nostri _________." The missing word looks like "interrati" but what does it mean? Can it be something else??
    THANK YOU for any suggestions!
    I will hazard a speculation that the word could be "parenti" (relatives, kin)

I am happy to hear that the child grows in beauty and I hope (with God's help) he will make him become healthy and full of your gifts (assets), give him a free had and don't hold on to him to tigh (constrain him) like <our relatives used to do>????

< Previous | Next >