antiglace

kristinblues

french
Hy,
I'm reading an abstract for my training course and I have problems to translate a french word "antiglace". "Antifreeze" don't seem the best word. Can somebody help me please ?
thank you
bye

• seadew

English, USA
    Hello kristinblues and welcome to the forum.
    Could you give us a full sentence and whatever context you think might give us a feel for the word you are after. If it's aviation, there's "de-icer" but in any case, more context will help. Cheers

kristinblues

french
    my training course was completed in the laboratories of the Analysis and Expertise Division of the Army's Military Fuel Service. I must examine the environmental impact of waste water from the holding basins of air tanks. So the context is aviation. So are you sure for your translation ??
    cherrs, mate

seadew

English, USA
    I've since looked it up and de-icer translates to "dégivreur". I'm not sure whether this is the same thing or not in your particular context. In my home state, where it's very cold in winter, we use de-icer on planes to keep flights running. Perhaps there someone on the forum who can be of more help. Otherwise, have you searched the web?
    Best wishes