Antler vs horn

Dupont de Nemours

Spanish - Spain
Are antler and horn interchangeable terms?
In Japan there is a football team called Kashima Antlers. Could Kashima Horns have the same meaning in English?
Thanks in advance

<Word originally in all capital letters edited by moderator (Florentia52)>

Last edited:
  • PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    In Japan there is a football team called Kashima Antlers. Could Kashima Horns have the same meaning in English?
    Kashima Antlers is a name. Kashima Antlers - Wikipedia It has no meaning as such. It cannot be changed.

It is as if I asked "United means "together" Can I call Manchester United, "Manchester Together"?"
    or "His name is Dupont de Nemours - can I call him "Of the river crossing of Namur?"

Myridon

English - US
    For those who haven't followed all the links:
    Their mascot is a deer. Kashima = "deer island". Deer have antlers, not horns. If they changed the name of the team, they could change their mascot to a cow, but then it wouldn't match the name of the city.

Dupont de Nemours

Spanish - Spain
    Kashima Antlers is a name. Kashima Antlers - Wikipedia It has no meaning as such. It cannot be changed.

It is as if I asked "United means "together" Can I call Manchester United, "Manchester Together"?"
    or "His name is Dupont de Nemours - can I call him "Of the river crossing of Namur?"
    Thanks Paul

For those who haven't followed all the links:
    Their mascot is a deer. Kashima = "deer island". Deer have antlers, not horns. If they changed the name of the team, they could change their mascot to a cow, but then it wouldn't match the name of the city.
    Thanks Myridon

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >