Any better words for “allowed time period” and “banned time period”?

ntmaster

Taiwan, Mandarin
A father specifies that during 18:00 ~ 24:00, his kid cannot surf the Internet.
Can I say 6:00~10:00 is an “allowed time period”?
For example, during the allowed time period, you can surf the Internet.
Can I say 18:00~24:00 is a “banned time period”?
For example, during the banned time period, you cannot surf the Internet.
Any better words for “allowed time period” and “banned time period”?

Thanks.

• se16teddy

English - England
    It is neatest to say You can't/mustn't/aren't allowed to do it between 6 and 10.
    Or if the theme and rheme context requires it Between 6 and 10 you can't/mustn't/aren't allowed to do it.

There are ways to make a noun phrase out of it but they are not very elegant because English generally prefers to put the main idea in a verb.
    One of the time periods when you can't/mustn't/aren't allowed to do it is between 6 and 10.

ntmaster

Taiwan, Mandarin
    I’m preparing a PPT. I need nouns to describe what 6:00~10:00 and 18:00~24:00 are.
    Are “allowed time period” and “banned time period” OK, or any good ideas? Mandarin has nouns for them. Thanks.

ntmaster

Taiwan, Mandarin
    Thanks se16teddy. PPT means Microsoft Power Point slides. We use the slides to present our ideas. Usually, words on the slides are brief. On my slide, I need a noun to describe a time period that some activities are not allowed, and a noun to describe a time period that some activities are allowed. I think both “allowed time period” and “banned time period” are weird.

e2efour

UK English
    If you want a phrase to refer to the period, I would talk about hours (e.g. you must not surf the internet outside the permitted hours), using outside for the opposite of allowed.
    You could also use permitted times.

But the suggestion in #2 is ok (although I prefer One of the times/periods ...). Time period seems unnecessary.

ntmaster

Taiwan, Mandarin
    Thanks se16teddy. I want to present the slide in this way:

ALLOWED TIME PERIOD

• Access to Facebook is allowed.

• Access to online games is allowed.

• bla bla
    BANNED TIME PERIOD

• Access to Facebook is not allowed.

• Access to online games is not allowed.

• bla bla
    “Allowed time period” and “banned time period” are general ideas and I have no specific time for them. The time may change. So I want to use nouns to refer to them. In this case, do you have better words for the two phrases? Thanks.

ntmaster

Taiwan, Mandarin
    If you want a phrase to refer to the period, I would talk about hours (e.g. you must not surf the internet outside the permitted hours), using outside for the opposite of allowed.
    You could also use permitted times.

But the suggestion in #2 is ok (although I prefer One of the times/periods ...). Time period seems unnecessary.
    Thanks e2efour. Your answer helps a lot.

< Previous | Next >