any good news in/from school

< Previous | Next >

arueng

CHINESE
It's so joyful to meet you here. How is it going with you? Be sure to inform me if there is any good news in/from school.

Hi,

I met an old colleague of mine on Facebook. I was so overjoyed that I left a note to her. I got stumped when trying to pick in or from to fit in the above note. She is still teaching at that school, but I don't now. Your opinion? Thanks.

• Aidanriley

English
    Others may have a different opinion on this, but the word in here would suggest that the person goes to that school, i.e. is a student and not a faculty member. I can't imagien a sentence such as "what have you done in school lately?" being directed towards a teacher.

arueng

CHINESE
    Others may have a different opinion on this, but the word in here would suggest that the person goes to that school, i.e. is a student and not a faculty member. I can't imagien a sentence such as "what have you done in school lately?" being directed towards a teacher.
    Thanks, Aidanriley.

That's very interesting explanation!
    But I'm still a bit thrown off. Is it right to say "what have you taught in school lately?" If yes, then it is being directed towards a teacher, right?

Aidanriley

English
    Thanks, Aidanriley.

That's very interesting explanation!
    But I'm still a bit thrown off. Is it right to say "what have you taught in school lately?" If yes, then it is being directed towards a teacher, right?
    Yes, it works in that cause since taught clarifies the subject.

< Previous | Next >