Any Japanese want to do language exchange for English?

aesir

Banned
Russian
Hello: I saw this post online and wonder if it's grammatically correct. It's a post from a language exchange site. Would "Anyone wants to do language exchange in English and Japanese" sound better? I just think the use of "Japanese" in the sentence sounds a bit rude, but maybe I am wrong about it. Thanks!

• The Newt

English - US
    You could say "Japanese speakers sought for language exchange with English speaker," perhaps. "Any Japanese" sounds awkward.

aesir

Banned
    Russian
    Thank you for the response! :thumbsup: Is "Anyone wants to do language exchange in English and Japanese?" also acceptable grammatically? Thanks again!

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    "Any Japanese want to do language exchange for English?"

This is an ad, so it is short. This isn't a correct sentence, but it is not trying to be a correct sentence. Here "Japanese" and "English" are languages, not people. But people (not languages) will do the exchange.

Anyone wants to do language exchange in English and Japanese" sound better?
    Not to me. It isn't a correct sentence. It makes sense, as much as the original ad makes sense.

Anyone wants to do language exchange in English and Japanese?"
    That is not a correct sentence. English questions have different word order than English statements.

"Does anyone want to do a language exchange in English and Japanese?":tick:
    "Is there anyone who wants to do a language exchange in English and Japanese?":tick:

Linkway

British English
    @duboulart

In your original, you said you were offering English in exchange for Japanese.

Some of the suggestions have blurred that, leaving it unclear whether you are offering Japanese or inviting Japanese.

"Does anyone want to do a language exchange in English and Japanese?"

< Previous | Next >