Any other crucial requirements that need satisfying?

jcjc

korean
there is a sentence like below in the movie Misery (1990)

The situation is that A asked B like above before A was going to the store.

Is it right with the word "satisfying"? it is adjective. I think it is right to say that Any other crucial requirements that need for your satisfaction?

Could you please explain this ?

Thank you in advance.

• owlman5

English-US
    This is a short, colloquial way to ask Are there any other crucial requirements that need satisfying?

Is it right with the word "satisfying"? it is adjective.
    I think satisfying is a noun, not an adjective. Here is another way to ask the same question that does not use the gerund ( a type of noun) satisfying: Are there any other crucial requirements that need to be satisfied?

I think it is right to say that Any other crucial requirements that need for your satisfaction?
    This is almost right. I will add the important subject pronoun you to the question: Any other crucial requirements that you need for your satisfaction?

USMeg

English/USA
    Are there any other crucial requirements that need to be satisfied? :tick:
    Any other crucial requirements that you need for your satisfaction? :cross:
    The second sentence asks if you need other requirements. Requirements aren't what you need; requirements state what you need.
    So maybe
    Any other crucial requirements that you need satisfied?

owlman5

English-US
    Gee, USMeg. Something in my answer seems to have inspired your inner schoolmarm.:D

I think requirements can reasonably be used in the sentence I modified. Here is one definition for requirement that I pulled out of the first Google search page that came up when I asked for a definition of that word:
    a thing that is needed or wanted.
    "choose the type of window that suits your requirements best"

Any other crucial requirements that you need for your satisfaction? = Are there any other crucially needed things that you need for your satisfaction? I think jcjc's suggested sentence is reasonable with the addition of you even if you don't.

Any other crucial requirements that you need satisfied? Your suggestion also looks fine to me.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >