Anytime someone forces you to do something

• uinni

Italy, Italian
    Ciao.
    Ogni volta che qualcuno ti costringe a fare qualcose, perde:cross: il suo fascino :)
    Actually, I am afraid this is not the correct translation, for it means:

Anytime someone forces you to do something, he/she loses his/her appeal.

A correct translation is:

Ogni volta che qualcuno ti costringe a fare qualcosa la rende meno attrattiva/attraente

Uinni

IkHouVanPulcino

Italian
    Wait, I am tired and I can see it, I think I read 'he' instead of 'it' :p I'm so sorry for it, yes, you are right Uinni, and thanks for making me notice it :)

Simona

SweetSoulSister

American English
    No, that wasn't the meaning Uinni. "it" refers to the activity. The activity is less appealing because someone forced me to do it. Ikhou, you're right.

uinni

Italy, Italian
    No, that wasn't the meaning Uinni. "it" refers to the activity. The activity is less appealing because someone forced me to do it.
    And in fact in my translation "la" refers to the activity, while IkHouVanPulcino's translation referred the loss of appeal to the person.

Uinni

uinni

Italy, Italian
    And in fact in my translation "la" refers to the activity, while IkHouVanPulcino's translation referred the loss of appeal to the person.

Uinni
    By the way, the different meanings can be translated this way:

1) Ogni volta che una persona ti forza a fare qualcosa, la rende meno attrattiva (Anytime someone forces you to do something, it loses its appeal)

2) Ogni volta che una persona ti forza a fare qualcosa si rende meno attrattiva (Anytime someone forces you to do something, he/she loses his/her appeal).

But the translation I proposed did not mantain your original English construction and verb (to lose), which would instead be:

1) Ogni volta che una persona ti forza a fare qualcosa, gliene fa perdere l'attrattiva (note, here "attrattiva" is a noun, not an adjective :))

2) Ogni volta che una persona ti forza a fare qualcosa, perde (d')attrattiva.

Uinni

< Previous | Next >