Apartment & flat

  • panjandrum

    Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Hi everyone

    Is it possible to use the word 'apartment' in British English instead of the word 'flat'?

    Thank you
    Yes, and increasingly so.
    See post #23 in flat and apartment.
    Many blocks of apartments have been built in the UK in the last ten years or so - known as apartments, not flats.
    Also, folk from the UK frequently stay in apartments when on holiday in Europe.

    Both terms are used.
    < Previous | Next >