APCR countries

< Previous | Next >

sisyphe

German/Germany
"Nearly all candidate supervisors from the APCR countries were certified as therapists at the end of the Study."

This is referring to a pilot study involving new counselling methods. Unfortunately, the abbreviation is explained nowhere in the text. Common dictionaries don't know it - can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!

• maxiogee

Banned
    English
    What sort of a theraphy course were they studying? I'd guess that it is a Professional body - the Association of Professional……; or the Association of Practitioners of …….

sisyphe

German/Germany
    Since it is a pilot study, I am not sure whether an association already exists, although this is an interesting suggestion. In any case it has to do with therapy for cannabis consumers.
    I forgot to mention: The countries are in Europe, Germany, Switzerland and others.
    I will think about this association idea, thanks!

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    sisyphe said:
    Since it is a pilot study, I am not sure whether an association already exists, although this is an interesting suggestion. In any case it has to do with therapy for cannabis consumers.
    I forgot to mention: The countries are in Europe, Germany, Switzerland and others.
    I will think about this association idea, thanks!
    In that case the letters may not stand for English words, but might be in one of the continental languages.

sisyphe

German/Germany
    I don't think so in this case. There were already a few tricky abbreviations and acronyms which I finally managed to find out about, and they all stood for English words.
    But if it's too special, I think I can do without it - I found a way of rendering it in a neutral way (the participating countries), and hopefully that's correct.
    Many thanks for giving this a thought, though, and if someone could still solve the "mystery" that would be great.

sisyphe

German/Germany
    Close!! A Google research with your suggestion finally did solve the mystery: Action Plan for Cannabis Research!
    Many thanks to both of you! :eek:)

< Previous | Next >