Apertura de la vía urinaria (en nefrectomía)

Traduna

Spanish
Hola,

Estoy tendiendo problemas con la traducción al AE de la parte en negrita:

En 26 pacientes tratados con nefrectomía parcial se produjo apertura de la vía urinaria en el acto quirúrgico. El tratamiento se realizó mediante sutura y dos requirieron colocación de catéter ureteral doble jota (CDJ).

Mi intento:

In 26 patients treated with partial nephrectomy ******* during surgery. They were treated with sutures and two of them required double-j catheter (DJC) placement.

Gracias!

• Oceanest

Spain Spanish
    In 26 patients treated with partial nephrectomy the urinary tract was sectioned. Those were treated with sutures and two of them required a double-J catheter inserction.

Que te parece?

Es.

Traduna

Spanish
    In 26 patients treated with partial nephrectomy the urinary tract was sectioned. Those were treated with sutures and two of them required a double-J catheter inserction.

Que te parece?

Es.
    La oración me parece correcta. No soy médico, entonces no sé qué es lo que sucede exactamente..

Gracias por tu gran ayuda!

ChemaSaltasebes

Castellano (España)
    I do not know how to say this in English but "opening of the collecting system" might give an idea of what the original might be trying to convey.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    I think "opening of the collecting system"(as Chema says) or "opening of the urinary tract" is correct. Urinary tract leakages or fistulas are a known complication of this surgery, and identifying these openings and closing them with sutures is important. It's not something I've ever done, though, so I don't know for sure what the exact phrase for the operative report might be.

Traduna

Spanish
    I think "opening of the collecting system"(as Chema says) or "opening of the urinary tract" is correct. Urinary tract leakages or fistulas are a known complication of this surgery, and identifying these openings and closing them with sutures is important. It's not something I've ever done, though, so I don't know for sure what the exact phrase for the operative report might be.
    So, if it is something that "occurs" as a complication, instead of an action performed by the surgeon, the example of translation previously mentioned might not be correct...?

Raposu

English USA
    An opening of the urinary tract sounds natural to me, a native speaker of American English who is very familiar with medical literature. The procedure involves placing a temporary plastic stent (double J stent, named after its shape) in the ureter to allow urine from the kidney to flow into the bladder.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    So, if it is something that "occurs" as a complication, instead of an action performed by the surgeon, the example of translation previously mentioned might not be correct...?
    When doing a partial nephrectomy for tumor removal, it may not be possible to avoid openings in the collecting system. The point is to identify and close them, not that they are a mistake in some way, because that is not the case. Twenty-six were identified and closed with sutures and two also required placement of stents, as detailed by Raposu. They only become a complication if they are not properly identified and closed during the initial surgery.

Traduna

Spanish
    When doing a partial nephrectomy for tumor removal, it may not be possible to avoid openings in the collecting system. The point is to identify and close them, not that they are a mistake in some way, because that is not the case. Twenty-six were identified and closed with sutures and two also required placement of stents, as detailed by Raposu. They only become a complication if they are not properly identified and closed during the initial surgery.
    Great, thank you very much for all your explanations!!!