aplicar la justicia sobre

Anelisa

Spanish- Spain
In order to translate "Pero pensad que tengo que aplicar la justicia sobre los hombres también"

Which preposition would be the correct one to translate "sobre" in this context?

The context of these words is:
The Lord says: Pero yo, hija mía, amo tanto a los hombres que, si di mi vida por ellos, sigo repitiendo: mirad mis manos y mis pies, hijos míos. Mi cuerpo fue azotado y ultrajado por vuestras culpas, hijos míos, y yo seguía pidiendo perdón a mi Padre por vosotros. Os amo, hijos míos; soy un padre con un corazón tierno; pero pensad, hijos míos, que tengo que aplicar la justicia sobre los hombres también.

To see the full context:
http://www.virgendolorosa.net/mensajes.HTML/2000/2000-05-06.htm

My try is: But, I, my daughter, love men so much that, if I gave my life for the sake of them, I go on repeating: look at my hands and my feet, my children. My body was flogged and outraged because of your sins, my children, and I went on asking my Father's forgiveness for the sake of you. I love you, my children, I am a Father with a tender heart; but think , my children, that I have to apply justice on men as well.

• rogster01

English UK
    In order to translate "Pero pensad que tengo que aplicar la justicia sobre los hombres también"

Which preposition would be the correct one to translate "sobre" in this context?

The context of these words is:
    The Lord says: Pero yo, hija mía, amo tanto a los hombres que, si di mi vida por ellos, sigo repitiendo: mirad mis manos y mis pies, hijos míos. Mi cuerpo fue azotado y ultrajado por vuestras culpas, hijos míos, y yo seguía pidiendo perdón a mi Padre por vosotros. Os amo, hijos míos; soy un padre con un corazón tierno; pero pensad, hijos míos, que tengo que aplicar la justicia sobre los hombres también.

To see the full context:
    http://www.virgendolorosa.net/mensajes.HTML/2000/2000-05-06.htm

My try is: But, I, my daughter, love man so much that, if I gave my life for the sake of them, I go on repeating: look at my hands and my feet, my children. My body was flogged and outraged because of your sins, my children, and I went on asking my Father's forgiveness for the sake of you. I love you, my children, I am a Father with a tender heart; but think , my children, that I have to apply justice Upon MAN as well.
    On reading the context it is clear that our Lady and the Lord are talking of 'Man/Men' meaning 'mankind/humanity' (often used in this type of writing) rather than 'Man/Men' as a gender distinction from women.

And further, in this style it would be appropriate for 'sobre' to be translated as 'upon' or 'unto'

< Previous | Next >