apparently acquired at the wedding of two people Jacob had never heard of

Jeepster

As he stood among the suicides, his pockets were full: a paper clip that Sam had somehow bent into an airplane, a crumpled twenty, Max’s
yarmulke from the funeral (apparently acquired at the wedding of two people Jacob had never heard of), the dry- cleaning ticket for the pants he
was wearing, a pebble Benjy had taken from a grave and asked Jacob tohold, more keys than there were locks in his life.
Safran Foer. Here I Am

Why does one come to this conclusion? Why at the wedding in the first place. I'm afraid I need an expert in Jewish law and customs

• Jeepster

that yarmulke acquired for Max to put on for his greatgranddad fuberal originates fron the wedding of two people Jacob (in whose pocket yarmulke now remains) had never heard of
    that's the conclusion, or suggestion

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Men wear head coverings during Jewish religious services, including weddings. Yarmulkes (= skullcaps) are frequently provided to ensure that all men have something with which to cover their heads. The yarmulke probably has writing on it to indicate that it was given to wedding guests, such as "Stacey and Ethan/June 10, 2014"

Jeepster

Men wear head coverings during Jewish religious services, including weddings. Yarmulkes (= skullcaps) are frequently provided to ensure that all men have something with which to cover their heads. The yarmulke probably has writing on it to indicate that it was given to wedding guests, such as "Stacey and Ethan/June 10, 2014"
    Thank you a lot!

< Previous | Next >