Application - a few sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip

german/alemán/německý - Germany/Alemania/Německa
Hy,

I've just written a few sentences that should later form part of an application. It would be great if a native speaker could take a look at them and tell me whether they're correct or not!
Thanks! :)

"Sometimes I take of some children of my neighbourhood (BE), while their parents are away. So I have some basic knowledge of childcare."

"I want to participate in the social service abroad because I consider it as a great possibility to broaden my horizons.
I also like it to be new in a country where I haven't been before because I think the new challenges one encounters there, while being abroad, do shape one's character in a positive way.
I don't have fixed expectations about the social work and my personal contribution. I only hope that, during the social service, I will be able to help where my help is needed and useful."

"I consider myself as powerful, open-minded and uncomplicated. I have never encountered difficulties in socializing with people I didn't knew before. I rather enjoy meeting new people with different lifestyles and points of view. Concerning work, I really like it to work in a team where everyone can contribute his ideas and suggestions. I don't like to work alone on my very own. I consider working in a team, as more productive. I'm always eager to learn new things, in school and work. One of my weaknesses is that I'm sometimes a bit impatient."

Thank you very very much for your help! :)

Greets

Filip

• JonnieJag

English FRANCE
    Filip, As a teacher students would often ask me to re-write their application letters. It's not always a good idea as it just makes life harder when you arrive. Your application has a few mistakes but nothing serious. I'd send it as it is.

Filip

german/alemán/německý - Germany/Alemania/Německa
    Hy Jonnie,

you're right I know. But I want to make a good impression because the competition about the job i want to apply is hard and I fear the fact that one of these "not so serious errors" will at the end be the reason why they possibly will decide in favour of another applicant.

I hope you understand my "fear". :)

Filip

panjandrum

Occasional Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    JonnieJag said:
    Filip, As a teacher students would often ask me to re-write their application letters. It's not always a good idea as it just makes life harder when you arrive. Your application has a few mistakes but nothing serious. I'd send it as it is.
    You were right first time. Your later comments have been deleted and the thread closed.

This forum is NOT prepared to support people in misrepresenting their competence in English either in homeworks, assignments or job applications.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >