application - a specific use...

kubawsky

Polish
Hello. My question is this:
Is the word "application" used in the food industry to describe a semi-product that is "applied" to other products, like a food preservative or a flavor-enhancer ?
here's a document that has an example of this, i think, could someone kindly confirm?
w w w.astaris.com/mm/files/ICL_Dairy.pdf.
(had to put spaces between w's, otherwise it wouldn't let me post it)

• Ecossaise

English
    If you mean the sentence: AND THE RESOURCES TO WORK WITH
    YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION TO DETERMINE THE
    OPTIMUM PHOSPHATE TO MEET YOUR NEED, then "application" means the particular way in which the customer will want to use a phosphate in creating a product.

zspan

English - California
    Not exactly. The application receives the treatment of the flavor-enhancer, preservative, phosphate or whatever. For example (on page 5) you can see that phosphate DKP is used in making cheese sauce. Cheese sauce is the application, the final product. However, we see further down that DKP can "be applied" to other products as well, like dried milk-drink products.

kubawsky

Polish
    Not exactly. The application receives the treatment of the flavor-enhancer, preservative, phosphate or whatever. For example (on page 5) you can see that phosphate DKP is used in making cheese sauce. Cheese sauce is the application, the final product. However, we see further down that DKP can "be applied" to other products as well, like dried milk-drink products.
    So there is something called "application" in this case, and it is a physical thing, as opposed to the process of applying, I was just wrong as to what it actually is? Is the Cheese sauce, for example, called an application because something is applied to it, or because it will be applied to something else, or is there a different reason?

< Previous | Next >