Application d'une stratégie de développement...

Piwicheri

French
Hi everyone,

I am currently writing an internship report, and was wondering how you guys would traduce : "Application d'une stratégie de développement de produit sur un marché en phase de maturité" ?

My thought was : "Implementation of a product development strategy on a market at a stage of maturity".

Thanking you in advance for your attention :)

• amg8989

USA
    English-United Sates
    the first part sounds good to me. I think as a whole it works just fine, but the end sounds a bit awkward to me.

I'd say "Implementation of a product development strategy on a maturing market

Piwicheri

French
    Thanks for your reply.

The end also sounds awkward to me, but the present continue "maturing market" would imply that the market is not completely mature yet.

Would "Implementation of a product development strategy on a mature market" make sense?

This sentence is the problematic of my report. I wouldn't like it to sound too weird.

Thanks for your assistance.

amg8989

USA
    English-United Sates
    that sounds good to me. Also if you wanted to be more emphatic about the market currently being mature and continuing to be that way, you could add stabilized

"Implementation of a product development strategy on a stabilized and mature market" (you could leave out the "and" if you wanted, either works)

I'm also wondering if sur should be translated into "in" or "into" instead of the direct translation of "on"

I think I would need more context from the beginning because it can vary based on what you are saying

ex) the company is releasing new safety features on all of its new models
    the new procedures are going to be on all of the new reports

but when talking about a market that is not tangible, I think "in" or "into" may be better.

ex) The new stimulus was released into the economy

does that make sense?

Piwicheri

French
    It totally does.

This is pretty much the context :

" On the one hand, the maturity stage is the most profitable. However, it can represent an opportunity and a threat at the same time for an Industry. Even though sales continue to increase into this stage, they do so at a slower pace. Because the shoe is extremely present on its market, advertising expenditures are reduced. The competing products are very similar at this point, increasing the difficulty of differentiating the product. "

As a shoe distributor, my company implements differents strategies to face the problems linked to the saturation or maturiy of the market.

What about this one ?

Implementation of a product development strategy in a mature market"

I actually wouldnt mind shortening my problematic, so as to make it more catchy. However, this one still sounds awkward to me..

amg8989

USA
    English-United Sates
    Implementation of a product development strategy in a mature market sounds OK to me.

when you say making your problematic phrase shorter and more catchy, are you just referring to the sentence in question, or everything? I have some suggestions that I can send to you for the rest.

Piwicheri

French
    I was talking about the problematic phrase, which sounds good right now !

It's just amazing that an American person I don't know can be giving me a real-time help for my internship report :D

Thank you so much for your help !

amg8989

USA
    English-United Sates
    No problem, I have had moments when I have been working with French and have been grateful to have real-time native guidance as well.

If you have any other internship report translation issues, just let me know. I'm good, in general, when it comes to wording things for reports and such in English.

< Previous | Next >