applied with a bicycle pump

< Previous | Next >

sueno dulce

Korean
Hi~

I can's understand how we can apply deodorant to a bicycle pump.

<A smell of vigorous deodorant(applied with a bicycle pump) filtered into the room.>

Is there another meaning a bicycle pump or apply?

Waiting for the right answer...

• sueno dulce

Korean
    This is David Gilmour's Film Club.

<A few nights later, Chrismas only a few days away now, I was tinkering with the tree, the lights flashing off and on, some working, some not, an unsolvable puzzle of physics only my wife could fix, when I heard the customary crashing down the stairs. A smell of vigorous deodorant(applied with a bicycle pump) filtered into the room.>

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Maybe the narrator is making a joke that explains why his wife (if she is the person coming down the stairs) wears too much deodorant: instead of using the small sprayer that comes with a spray deodorant, she uses a bicycle pump, which sprays far too much deodorant on her. It's a hyperbolic joke, and not a description of what she really does.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Who came crashing down the stairs?
    Might it be an adolescent son?
    A good guess, I'd say. From Gilmore's website:
    Written in the spare elegant style he is known for, The Film Club is the true story about David Gilmour’s decision to let his 15-year-old son drop out of high school on the condition that the boy agrees to watch three films a week with him. The book examines how those pivotal years changed both their lives.
    It is a better explanation for why the person is dousing himself in deodorant.

< Previous | Next >