apportion blame

Beautifully

Korea, Korean
Greetings!
I wonder this. The programme gives the facts but does not apportion blame. I have no idea that apportion blame implying in that case.
Would you drop your permanent knowledge for me?

I am looking forward to hearing the answer.
Good luck to everyone!

• nzfauna

New Zealand, English
    EDIT

To not apportion blame = to not blame anything/anyone/either side.

By the way, English speakers would NEVER say "Would you drop your permanent knowledge for me". It is entirely unidiomatic, to the the point of incorrectness and confusion.

Beautifully

Korea, Korean
    Sorry for making you confused. I just tried something new and I also appreciate your adjustment. What I wonder was technically how the programme does not apportion blame. As I know the meaning of blame used like this, I don't blame you. In this case, I just don't get it.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Let's say the programme was about the killing of Cock Robin.

It may have gone through the complete list of suspects, with interviews and presentations of evidence against each of them (the sparrow, the fly, the fish, etc).

Having done this, the programme then summarised the findings but did not present any conclusions about who was guilty of the crime or who might have been part of a conspiracy to plan for it.

The programme did not apportion blame.

Beautifully

Korea, Korean
    Ah~ As I understood it the programme is gathering and summarising the findings and also its results don't judge or evauate about the certain case as the machinary.

< Previous | Next >