appreciation/recognition

< Previous | Next >

Mher85

Armenian
I can't find the right word for this situation. Would you use "appreciation" in this context?
"Vasken Kaltakjian said that it was a great honor for him to be bestowed by the high state award and expressed his gratitude for such appreciation."

• Wordnip

British English
    'Recognition' is probably the word you are looking for. However, I think your sentence might need revision because '...for him to be bestowed by the high state award ...' is not a typical way of expressing this idea. We don't usually talk of being bestowed by an award.

Mher85

Armenian
    'Recognition' is probably the word you are looking for. However, I think your sentence might need revision because '...for him to be bestowed by the high state award ...' is not a typical way of expressing this idea. We don't usually talk of being bestowed by an award.
    What do you think about this version: "Vasken Kaltakjian said that it was a great honor for him to receive the high state decoration and expressed his gratitude for the recognition"?

Wordnip

British English
    What do you think about this version: "Vasken Kaltakjian said that it was a great honor for him to receive the high state decoration and expressed his gratitude for the recognition"?
    That is probably alright. However, shouldn't the 'high state decoration' be capitalised? 'High State Decoration'. Is it a proper noun?

No need for 'him' "Vasken Kaltakjian said that it was a great honor to receive the High State Decoration and expressed his gratitude for the recognition"

Otherwise you would say, "Vasken Kaltakjian said that it was a great honor for him to receive the High State Decoration and he expressed his gratitude for the recognition"? (I hope that's right; it's well past my bed time!).

< Previous | Next >