Apprenticeship-time residence?

< Previous | Next >

Gustav02

Russian-Russia
Hello everyone!
I would very much appreciate it if you take the initiative of answering my question. For example,

Apprenticeship-time residence will be available as of 2nd of June.

is it possible to say apprenticeship-time residence? By saying this, I mean the residence which is available for a student during study time at college campus and is supposed to be paid for.

If this makes no sense, could you please suggest your answers?
thank you!

• Andygc

British English
    It makes no sense at all in English. Students at college aren't apprentices. Are you talking about 'student accommodation'?

Gustav02

Russian-Russia
    It makes no sense at all in English. Students at college aren't apprentices. Are you talking about 'student accommodation'?
    Yes, I am. But the main point of the question is not about students. It is about the accommodation they live in. Again, I mean a certain period of study time, it equals to apprenticeship, isn't it?

Andygc

British English
    No, an apprentice works under the supervision of a skilled person to learn that skill. An apprentice 'serves his time', but he's not a student and there's no such thing as 'apprenticeship-time residence'. I can't understand what you want that phrase to mean.

< Previous | Next >