approach has a number of problems inherent in it, stemming

Baltic Sea

Banned
Polish
Hello one more time!

However, this approach has a number of problems inherent in it, stemming mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

The way I understand the part in the heading is as follows:

However, this approach is inseparably associated with / related to a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

or

However, this approach involves a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

Thank you.

• George French

English - UK
    However, this approach has a number of problems inherent in it, stemming mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.
    This seems to be understandable in this form. Why do you want to re-write it? The important words, inherent and stemming are likely to be the correct words to use to give a very high level overview of the problem. Do you have a reference to the details?

GF..

It could be that they have a problem that is caused by the paint, or other coatings, that they are using....

Baltic Sea

Banned
    Polish
    Thank You, George French. I am not trying to rewrite anything. I just want to ensure my understanding is right. I have no intention of correcting authors who speak and write English much better than I do.

< Previous | Next >