aptitude? lean?

PLATYDORIS

Italian
Hi!
writing a presentation about myself I tryed to express the fact that I like what I do 'cause is part of my past and of my character, so I said so:

I’ve worked and lived abroad for several years. I have experiences in tourism and as a teacher of Italian Language and Culture. I enjoy experiencing and understanding as much as possible of other peoples’ cultures, habits, cooking, traditions. Working as a consultant for xxx blends all my aptitude(leans?)s into one job: I am in touch with different cultures, I offer you some knowledge of Italian tradition and I feel romantically involved by helping organize your Special Day!

does it sound ok?
thank you!

• GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Hi!
    I am writing a presentation about myself. I tried to express the fact that I like what I do because it is part of my past and of my character, so I said so:

I’ve worked and lived abroad for several years. I have experiences in tourism and as a teacher of Italian Language and Culture. I enjoy experiencing and understanding as much as possible of other people's cultures, habits, cooking, and traditions. Working as a consultant for xxx blends all my aptitude(leans?)s what I enjoy most into one job: I am in touch with different cultures, I am able to offer you some knowledge of Italian tradition, and I feel romantically involved by helping organize your special day!
    I have made some corrections above. Note that "lean" used this way is a verb; a person does not have "leans". I have a problem with the end of the last sentence, but I do not know how to correct it because I don't know what you are intending to say. What I can tell you, though, is that it is incorrect to say that one is "romantically involved" with strangers! People can be "romantically involved" with their girlfriends, their boyfriends, and even their paramours with whom they are cheating on their spouses, but the phrase seems out-of-place here.

Last edited:

vicky1027

usa english
    I agree with GreenWhiteBlue...but maybe you could say at the end "and I feel passionate about helping you with your special day"

But it really depends on what the background is...

PLATYDORIS

Italian
    Thank you to both of you.
    I work as Wedding planner, so I definally don't want to put something about paramours!!! I meant that I like the romantic side of the job.
    Thank you very much

< Previous | Next >