Arabic Sesame Street

< Previous | Next >

Lone_Wolf

English-America
Marhaban Friends,

I am new to this forum and am a beginner in the Arabic Language.

My question pertains to the Arabic Sesame Street I started watching a couple of days ago. Does anyone here know which Arabic is being spoken in the program? In other words, is it MSA or a Spoken Dialect?

Shukran Jazeelan in advance.

• Haroon

Arabic-Egypt
    Marhaba Lone Wolf,
    Welcome to the fourm !
    I guess there may be several production of sesame world, so
    Which production do you watch?

CZAREK

POLISH
    Hi,

If you're watching "Sesame Street"from Youtube.
    It is in Egyptian Arabic,so at the beginning of your learning Arabic I wouldn't recommend that.

Greetings

Lone_Wolf

English-America
    Marhaba Lone Wolf,
    Welcome to the fourm !
    I guess there may be several production of sesame world, so
    Which production do you watch?
    Hi Haroon,

Thank You for the welcome and for replying.

I have no idea what production it is (I know, shame on me). There is a site I have been visiting the last 3 days which plays Arabic cartoons and kids programs, one of them is called Arabic Sesame Streets. Because I haven't made at least 30 posts yet, I cannot post the link to which I visit to view the show.

So far I have only watched the first episode a couple of times.

Lone_Wolf

English-America
    Hi,

If you're watching "Sesame Street"from Youtube.
    It is in Egyptian Arabic,so at the beginning of your learning Arabic I wouldn't recommend that.

Greetings

Hi CZAREK,

I only watched the first episode and I watched twice so far. I can only say that it is not on youtube. I'm guessing perhaps it would be best for me to stay away from it until I know for sure if it is in MSA or dialect.

Thanx for the reply.

Abu Rashid

Australian English
    If it looks fairly modern then it's probably the Egyptian one called 3alam Simsim. If it looks older (70's-80's) then it's probably Ifta7 ya Simsim which is in Fus7a.

Does it have recognisable characters? Like Ernie and Bert and Kermit the Frog? If so then it's probably in Fus7a. If not, then it's probably 3alam Simsim.

Lone_Wolf

English-America
    Ahlan Abu Rashid,

The word Simsim is part of the title of the program. And yes it does look 80-ish now that you mentioned it.

Kermit the Frog makes an appearance in episode 1.

On a different note I opened this thread with the greeting Marhaba. I believe that is incorrect. I was supposed to say Ahlan if I'm not mistaken.

Abu Rashid

Australian English
    Lone Wolf said:
    Ahlan Abu Rashid,
    Ahlan wa sahlan wa mar7abun bik!

Lone Wolf said:
    Kermit the Frog makes an appearance in episode 1.
    Then I'd say it's Ifta7 ya Simsim and is in Fus7a.

Lone Wolf said:
    On a different note I opened this thread with the greeting Marhaba. I believe that is incorrect. I was supposed to say Ahlan if I'm not mistaken.
    Either is correct, or as I said above, both, which in combination is even better. :)

< Previous | Next >