arbre de Noël (fête)

Marionlecrayon

French
Hello, Bonjour, i am new in the forum, and i have a question for you english natives regarding "Arbre de Noel"...

I am a caricaturist and would like to tell my customers in an advertisement that i can entertain for professionals as well, for their seminars, conventions, etc, and "Arbres de Noel"....

Un arbre de Noel, in french, is when you celebrate christmas a bit before at work with your work mates, and is usually organized by the company.
So everybody celebrate with food, some presents from the company, sometimes some show, entertainments, ...

Do you have a word for that in english? I dont think that christmas tree would make any sens.. Maybe christmas celebration? But i want to make clear that it is for professionals only...

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Merci!!! :D

Marion.

• misterk

English-American
    Welcome to the Forum!

"Christmas party" or "holiday party" would be the common terms (in the US, at least). These are typically organized by a company/organization for all the employees. (I'm not sure I understand your "for professionals only" requirement...)

Marionlecrayon

French
    Thank you so much for the quick answers misterk and Hildy1!! I think i'll use both, as a holiday party can be different from a christmas party... :)
    Sorry my last sentence wasn't very clear, but you understood it perfectly!

This is such a great website! I'm learning so much!

LART01

French-France
    Thank you so much for the quick answers misterk and Hildy1!! I think i'll use both, as a holiday party can be different from a christmas party... :)
    Sorry my last sentence wasn't very clear, but you understood it perfectly!

This is such a great website! I'm learning so much!
    Hi and welcome

When devising your ad, make sure you capitalize Christmas

< Previous | Next >