Architecture 101

La Patagonia

Senior Member
Hello everyone,

Do you know what "Architecture 101" means? Is it a basic subject in the career of Architecture or something like that? I searched a lot but I am not sure. Thanks a lot!

Context: "Go back to your Architecture 101 sketch of your house. A strong foundation will offer long-lasting pleasure."

My try:
"Vuelve al boceto arquitectónico básico de tu casa, Architecture 101. Un cimiento sólido te ofrecerá un placer duradero."
  • JillN

    Senior Member
    USA - English
    Yes, in U.S. universities, the first class of any subject is usually called "101".

    Vuelve al boceto arquitectónico de tu casa que hiciste en tu primera clase en arquitectura.


    Senior Member
    USA English
    "[something] 101" is often a very basic university course. It is used figuratively in a reference to something really basic.

    If, for example, I were to say "mi y mi hermano fui a Colorado," you might say "Go back to Spanish 101" (even if I had never taken university-level Spanish)


    Senior Member
    English - USA
    I understand it as you indicated: basic architecture.
    In the USA, you will hear people add "101" after a topic to suggest ease and simplicity.
    Filmmaking 101 / Journalism 101 / Physics 101
    < Previous | Next >