are interesting in <live / life>

Fire Unknown

vietnamese
Long time no see!:)

While i'm fixing "essential writing for IELT" by Hu Min, i encountered this problem:

"... But if college students date freedom, they are interesting in live, they can feel to full shine in life..."

Hmm, i think "live" is a verb, and we often use "interesting in + doing sth"=>this sentence is wrong. But i don't know if it's a rare grammar structure or not?!? I really appreciate your helps.:eek:

• sound shift

English - England
    Hello,

Your question is very difficult to answer because the sentence is full of mistakes, I'm afraid. That book is useless if this sentence is typical of the English in it.

(Cross-posted)

Fire Unknown

vietnamese
    Sorry, i forget to write:
    Exercise 4-the following passage is a student's homework. Please discuss with your partner and edit it.

So these mistakes are on purpose.
    Thanks a lot!

Andygc

British English
    Hmm, i think "live" is a verb, and we often use "interesting in + doing sth"=>this sentence is wrong.
    But we don't, so you are creating your own problem in understanding and correcting the text. We use "interested in doing something".

And we never use "sth" in this English language forum.

suzi br

English / England
    Sorry, i forget to write:
    Exercise 4-the following passage is a student's homework. Please discuss with your partner and edit it.

So these mistakes are on purpose.
    Thanks a lot!
    Quite a challenge, because it hard to know what this is intended to mean.

"Interesting in live" is impossible.
    I would start by going for the idiomatic "interestED in .....
    Then choose a noun/gerund: either liFe or livING.

< Previous | Next >